Tuesday 30 November 2010

Day 2 and 1/2: Fool Me Twice

Okay, so, despite my great blog post earlier today and subsequent lessons learned, I still ventured forth hoping for the best when asked to do an engagement shoot in the snow.  I wasn't sure whether we would have a blizzard on our hands or not and I thought, 'Surely the bitterness of too much snow is past'.  (Rough quote from I Samuel 15.32, in case you think I don't like snow! I do!)

At 2.15 the sun was shining brightly on the snow.  At 2.30, when I walked out the door, it was really coming down!!  Fortunately everything came together for our shoot and we got both 'snowing pictures' and 'snowy pictures', to the happiness of all.

And another hour's walk for me!  The thing is, it doesn't count for two days.  You don't get to walk 6 times in a day and take the day off for the next six days.  But hey - I'm a sucker for taking photos in the snow!

The walk was good.  The sun goes down a little before 4pm here, so I walked home in the dark.  People were still cheerful everywhere I went: or perhaps it was just me.  It's amazing how friendly everyone else is when I'm in a happy mood!  Every house that I passed looked like a little gingerbread cottage.  The train tracks were smooth and clean; every car a little heap of white; and the streetlights sparkled on the snow like glitter.  I smelled the crisp burning of a wood fire.  Mmmmmm.  Winter nights!

Well, as they say, fool me twice, shame on me.  But I don't regret it.  I'd do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment