Tuesday 15 February 2011

Day 71: Sunny Saturday

Today was a pretty full day.  Decided to go look at a new car in case it was time to go for it...it's not.  Didn't like the Skoda Fabia that I test drove, so that was a success now that I know what I don't like!  Came back still feeling full of energy so I went a walk down the town with Audrey and Pin, searching for party items!  Saturday night was a surprise 18th birthday party for Josh, and it was a murder mystery theme so we all had fun things to get.  I was Patsy Cline, and being from Arizona I was well equipped with cowboy boots, denim skirt, checked shirt, etc., and all I needed was a big belt and a cowboy hat.  Audrey kindly furnished me the hat (genuine Oklahoma cowgirl hat), but I liked the white one I found in a shop better.  Sorry, Audrey. :)  All the photos I found of Patsy Cline had her wearing a white cowboy hat so I figured I'd better go as genuine as I could! At least my boots were originally purchased in Arizona, so you can't get more cowboy than that.

It was sunny out, though not exceptionally warm, and whilst we were in the first shop the rain came pelting down as though it had completely forgotten it was supposed to rain that day, and was making up for lost time.  Naturally, by the time we were done with that shop, it was well and truly over, and the skies were blue again.  (I think it figured that it was just too nice a day to keep raining like that - and perhaps all the people running around shouting in the rain was an incentive.  Try it next time and see.)  Once the shopping was done, so was I, so I went home to rest up before the big part-ay, and then the girls came over to help get us ready and in the party mood. 


The party was brilliant.  Everyone was dressed to the nines, and we got to hear Elvis singing and watch Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers dancing, and listen to Dusty Springfield sing 'Son of A Preacher Man'.  Groucho played the keyboard, and there was a general atmosphere of joy and fun and laughter and hilarity. Best of all, the birthday boy was completely surprised, so that was a pretty impressive feat.  Roughly fifty people crowded into a small house and holding our breath until he walked in (with one pretty hilarious false alarm), everyone saying 'Shhhhhhhh!' in such loud whispers that I figured he would hear us from outside.

Then it was home again, home again, jiggety jig! 

Walk length:  25 minutes

1 comment:

  1. That has got to be the BEST pic of the MCD girls ever!!!!! I love it!!!!! They should all frame that one!!! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete