Tuesday 1 February 2011

Day 60: PiN!!

My sister Pin arrived from the States today!  In honour of her coming, the sky was blue and the air milder than the last few days.  I went out in my white coat and hat and was thankful that the weather had decided to perfectly match my chosen clothing.  Pin arrived with little difficulty, and great tiredness, but was revived by a trip to my new favourite tea shop, Brewhaha.  They make fresh sandwiches and excellent soup, which we tried out while blethering on and on with great laughter and joy.  I tried the 'silver needle rose white tea', which was incredible.  It was like drinking roses.  Pin said it was like drinking perfume, and made kind of a funny face, so I think she preferred her darjeeling or ceylon, I'm not sure which one she went for in the end.

Once we got back to my flat, I went back to work and Pin took a mini nap (from which I woke her up after an hour, having learned the hard way that the worst thing in the world for jet lag is to sleep longer than an hour upon arriving in the UK!), and whilst she slept the rain came down and the hail came down and the wind howled and I was pleased to be sitting inside at the computer and not caught in a hailstorm!  Pin, having just arrived from Arizona, was sorry to have missed it.  

We were going to take a walk later tonight, but I'm well beat.  I'm going to count our walk in Glasgow as my walk for the day - we did walk from the car round in circles to the tea shop (I got a little turned around), and back again - and get to my bed early.  For some reason I haven't been able to fall asleep until about 2am the last few nights, so I think it's all catching up to me!

Pin made me dinner (chicken enchilada soup with a few fun extras, and random bits and pieces from my fridge), and I gloated over all the fun things she brought me from the States.  Now she is off for her own walk of the day, and I am off to bed!

Walk length:  10 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. Glad she made it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carla!! I wouldn't have traded that 'second homecoming' for anything...

    ReplyDelete