Monday 31 January 2011

Day 59: Rejoice In Rain

Tonight was one of those days where I wasn't sure at all if I was going to make it out for a walk.  Had a low energy day yesterday and was glad to be feeling better today, but didn't want to overdo it.  By around 9, though, I thought I could take a little walk.  I looked out and in addition to being cold and dark, it was howling wind and pouring rain.  Normally (as in, before I started this blog), I would have just closed the window blinds and said 'I'll try it tomorrow'.  But tonight I just barely glanced at it and my thought was simply, 'I guess I'll need my rainjacket and trainers instead of scarf and coat and boots'.  I barely looked up the entire walk, and I was pretty worn out when I got back, but it was a successful walk.

I'm learning to rejoice in any kind of weather, and the ability to go out in it.  After all, the difference between horrible weather and good weather really often comes down to clothing!

And tomorrow my little sister arrives, and we can go a walk together!!

Walk length: 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment