Friday 24 December 2010

Day 22: Happy Christmas Eve!

My walk today consisted of walking all around Carfin Grotto, in and out of the church, to take photos for a Christmas Eve wedding.  I think I did a lot of walking if you combine it - and considering I'm carrying all my camera equipment too, I'm more or less set in terms of exercise!

It was all that could be wished for in a Christmassy wedding.  The bride showed up in Ugg boots under her dress; the bridesmaid had a white furry stole around her shoulders; the snow was still lying, and frosting the trees, but the roads were clear for the wedding cars to get through; all the guests showed up in big heavy coats; the groom shivered his way through the snow photos; the sun shone, but didn't melt the snow. 

I dared a few shops, but the whole time I was muttering to myself, 'comfort and joy, comfort and joy', so that I remembered not to holler at the person or car or trolley in front of me.  I think I missed the ultimate in madness (not completely last minute, but late enough to miss those who congratulated themselves on nipping in early), but still I was thankful to get back to the wee flat. 

And now it's Christmas Eve night and after a hilarious laugh-session with the Fisher family (legend, can I just say, legend) I am ready to put on my fuzzy warm socks and pour myself a cup of tea (hot chocolate? coffee? the options are limitless) and read Harry Potter and, a little later, video-Skype with my family in the States.  Ahhhhh. 

Happy Christmas Eve to you all.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see more pictures. It sounds beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! It was :) There are a few on my website slideshow...more to come! (www.reyburnphotography.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete