Friday 3 December 2010

Day 5: Boodle Bar

Not a long walk today, I think I'm feeling the effects of yesterday.  Was working all day and pretty full on, so my walk tonight consisted of walking into the town centre and getting Boodle Bar for dinner! That's it's new official name - I believe the sign above the shop says Bar Noodle or something silly like that, but we all know it as the Boodle Bar, thanks to my inability in texting :)

Debbie and I slushed our way through the grim, black, no-longer-beautiful muck all the way there.  Still plenty of cars on the roads, so we couldn't even walk on them!  Me in my wellies was just fine, but poor Debbie and her soft boots struggled a bit!! She was very thankful for a tumble dryer when we got back.

It's still great to get out in the fresh air - I love the smell of cold air.  According to the NY Times, we (unsurprisingly) are not getting enough outside-time, and this walking challenge was developed for exactly that reason. I could spend all day and night in a cosy warm house, with my computers and kitchen and bedroom and internet ordering and mail delivery and never go out...but how sad is that.  Even on a night when the white snow has turned to brown slush, and the cars driving by spray you with more of the slush, it's still good to get out. 

And my Boodle Bar dinner was just right.  I'm off to bed!  More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, I went on an actual walk today! Still not very long, but it was a walk for a walk's sake, not just me on my way somewhere. I looked out the window and saw big fluffy snowflakes and decided that I HAD to go walk in them! Unfortunately they shrunk when I got outside, but no big deal.
    I should probably get my hat out from wherever it is for the next time I go out in the cold on a walk! Fortunately my coat has a hood on it. It even has "fur" around the edge! I'm not really big on the fur thing, but it was nice and warm so I'll deal. haha.
    Loving your posts! Looking forward to tomorrow's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Brenda! Well done! I can feel your support from here. I think the sheer amount of snow we've had has been the major impetus to start this walking - there's something about snow that makes me want to go a walk...even to nowhere. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete