Saturday 8 January 2011

Day 31: To The Lord's House

Today is the day of rest. I did walk, briefly, from church to my friends' house for lunch and back again...my leg muscles very sore from my attempt the previous day at Cypriot rock climbing.  (That will teach me for being a thief and a robber!)

The sky went on fire later on in the afternoon - I haven't seen a sunset like that in years.  I kept walking between the kitchen and the living room to look out at the two views, trying to decide which was more amazing!

Worship was a joint English/Greek service which in a way was difficult, but the pause between speech and interpretation was helpful as it gave me a moment to stop and think.  "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  You cannot dance to two tunes.  Choose one, the highest call.  Follow Christ alone, and let all else be for Him.  I pray my living, my working, my photography, and my walking is all done for His glory.

"Put first things first, and you gain both first and second things."   - C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment