Tuesday 25 January 2011

Day 53: Late Night Ramble

After I got in tonight from my walk I realised something.  No hat, no gloves, no scarf...just threw on a jumper and was walking steadily for a half hour at 10pm!  Pretty darn good: I'd say spring is coming! Haha!

I've started to notice something about my walks.  I used to feel every minute of them and have a pretty good idea of how long they were.  Now, I feel like I walk for forty or fifty minutes and I come in to find it was twenty.  Not because I don't enjoy the walk, but because of the ground I cover. I think I'm moving faster. No photo tonight because it was just that dark. 

Wasn't feeling grand today, and considered skipping the walk.  But I feel like I've done that a few times lately, and I had a spurt of energy late this evening so decided to clear the head.  It definitely worked - sometimes going out for a walk just makes me think of everything I need to do, but although that happened some tonight, I think the clear cold air combined with the fact that everyone else was sleeping in their beds made for a perfect late night ramble.  It was more than a ramble actually...I strode pretty purposefully...but I was glad for it, and I'll be glad to start tomorrow with renewed enthusiasm.

Sometimes all you need is a good walk.

Walk length:  30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment