Wednesday 19 January 2011

Day 48: Another Reason To Walk

For those of you following my blog from outwith the UK (particularly the States), I'd like to point out another reason that I love walking here.  Petrol is now at £1.24 per litre (a friend of mine on the Isle of Skye quickly pointed out that theirs is at £1.36 and rising), which for those in the States works out to be between $9 and $10 per gallon.  Enjoy buying your fuel this week!

My walk was fairly uneventful today.  Matter of fact I'm getting so used to walking now that some evenings I can't remember if I've taken my walk today or not.  Just becoming part of the day!  I'm glad for that.  That was one of the things I wanted to gain out of this challenge, was to make walking just a normal part of living - not something I have to make a huge effort for.  Many days I just get out to the post office or the grocery store or to run errands - it's great having a flat that's near the town centre. Everyone I talk to lately keeps saying, 'It sure is cold...but at least it's not snowing!'  They always look at me really funny when I say, 'Well, I quite liked the snow, and I miss it!'  Actually that's not true.  They look at me like I just sprouted a few green and purple horns in my head, and they want to rip them off me. But I press on.  If I'm going to be a rebel just walking around with no dog and no exercise outerwear and no purpose to my walks, then I may as well admit that I love snow! 

I was out tonight just walking out to my car, and noticed that the moon is full.  I wondered where that had come from, I thought just the other night it had a ways to go.  But then I remembered there were a few nights it was obscured by misty clouds.  Tonight it was almost completely clear, and "the moon is shining bright as day".  (Ogden Nash)

Walk length:  30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment