Saturday 8 January 2011

Day 33: Yo Quiero Taco Bell

The other day I was driving through Limassol on my way towards Paphos, and saw a billboard for Taco Bell.  I very nearly stopped my touring/photography drive to spend hours searching for it, but I wisely waited until I could come back with someone who knew where it was.  We went in a group today to 'My Mall' (in funny order on the sign reads more like 'MMLYAL'), and thence to Taco Bell.  After filling up on chalupas and gorditas and burritos and "nachos" (tortilla crisps), we wandered around the mall for a little shopping, a little browsing, watching the ice skaters fall and pick themselves up again.  Suddenly I looked around and realised that every person without exception was dressed very nicely.  Very posh. I felt incredibly dingy and a bit of a mess.  And, compared to the stick figures around me, a bit hefty as well.  We finished our shopping and returned home, where I finally worked out how to get HOT water, not just 'slightly less cold', and am enjoying the silence that you can hear. 

Walk length:  20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment