Thursday 27 January 2011

Day 55: Joe's Open Tae

I had a laugh as I returned from one of two walks today.  There is a sign letting everyone know that the road is closed (in spite of which many cars go all the way to the end, realise the sign is telling the truth, and turn around with great disgruntled-ness at the bottom), and another below it indicating that one of the businesses there is open for business as usual.

On that sign, in scrawly letters, someone has added "Joe's open tae".  This just cracked me up.  I'm not sure what Joe's is - I'm thinking one of the snack vans, where the workers get their chip butties and roll-with-sausage and Irn Bru and packets of crisps.  Wee Joe's doesn't sport enough for a yellow sign, but they're going to tag onto Hogg Street Tyres and make sure we all know that they are open, tae! 

Had two walks, which I didn't really notice today.  I found myself wondering when I would fit in my walk today and then remembered I'd already been out twice.  A good sign, I think!  I wasted time purchasing postage online only to discover I had to actually take it in to the post office after all (long story), grumped my way through the post office queue only to remember that I should be 'rejoicing in all things', so I pulled out my handy ESV-Bible-on-iphone and read the book of James while waiting.  Amazing the power of the Bible to actually change an attitude.  Try it sometime.  Right now I'm working and smelling butternut squash cooking in the oven for my dinner, and rejoicing that tonight I have nothing, gloriously nothing I have to do!!

Walk length:  45 minutes

1 comment: